Preventative Health Care – This is essential in establishing and maintaining good health in your family pets. At Glenolden Animal Hospital we offer comprehensive and individualized vaccination programs, preventative therapy for internal and external parasites, routine wellness blood screenings, weight loss programs, nutritional counseling, and information on housing, care, and social development of your pet. To keep your pet healthy we offer the following services:
Therapy - We are offering cold laser therapy as a part of additional pain management and healing approach. This therapy promotes healing, decreases pain and inflammation. It can used on a number of different cases in addition to traditional medicine such as arthritis, wound healing, ear infections, incision healing, skin infections, muscle trauma, allergies, bone pain/fractures, etc. Chronic cases may need long-term laser therapy to maintain your pet's condition to be determined by the veterinarian.
Wellness & Preventive Medicine - We recommend routine examinations every time you acquire a new pet as well as on an annual basis.
- Rabies required for all dogs
- Recommended for all dogs: DHLPP (distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, parvovirus), Lyme, Kennel cough (bordetella) recommended for dogs in contact with many dogs (e.g. boarding, training classes)
- Rabies required for all cats
- Recommended for all cats: FVRCP (Rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia), Leukaemia (FeLV) for cats who go outdoors or have contact with many cats
- Rabies: required for all ferrets
- Recommended for all ferrets: Distemper, parasite treatment & prevention, fleas and ticks